Palazzo Niccolini al Duomo was built by the Naldini, a rich Florentine family of merchants and bankers, in the area where was the workshop of the great sculptor Donatello. In 1532 Giovanni Naldini started the acquisition of the houses in the area to connect them in one single complex; between 1725 and 1732 Ottaviano Naldini entrusted architect Pier Paolo Giovannozzi with the task of giving the building its current appearance. After the wedding of Cristina Naldini and the Marquis Eugenio Niccolini di Camugliano, in 1879, the property of the palace passed to the family Niccolini, who has been residing here for four generations.
1532: Giovanni Naldini lays the foundation of the future palace
1725-1732: Ottaviano Naldini entrusts architect Pier Paolo Giovannozzi with the renewal of the palace
1879: with the wedding of Cristina Naldini and the Marquis Marchese Eugenio Niccolini di Camugliano the palace becomes property of the family Niccolini